What’s black and white and red all over? Well, an injured skunk, obviously, but also Nyack parking tickets. If you’re like me, more than a few of these have appeared under your windshield wiper. But don’t let them get you down – here’s how you can make the best of the situation:
- Folded over and over onto themselves, parking tickets make excellent shims for wobbly bureaus, tables, and dining room hutches.
- A pair of them rolled into cylinders then taped together makes a great set of pretend binoculars through which you can see Parking Authority officers coming.
- Confetti! With the help of a shredder, this will make even the lamest parties far more festive.
- Put them in a scrap book as a way of remembering all the times you parked in town and forgot to pay the meter/paid too little/thought you’d get away with a quick stop into a store without getting caught. Good times.
- Soaked with water and crushed into a paste, your tickets can make a nice paper mache piñata in the shape of a muni-meter (filled of course with all the quarters you saved by not putting them in a real meter in the first place).
- Pay them? After all, this will give the Village of Nyack money to install more…parking meters.
(Disclaimer: I really am going to pay that latest slew of parking tickets, I swear. I am just waiting for some funds to arrive from oversees. In the mean time, please don’t tow my bicycle, scooter, jitney, Segway, or rollerblades that I have been parking around town.)
(Note: These techniques can be conveniently applied to parking tickets from almost any municipality.)
Categories: Around Town