Thank you to Tori @ The Ramblings for awarding me with the prestigious Sunshine Blogger Award – her blog is ha!-larious, so I am of course quite honored. How this works is that I have to answer 11 of her questions, then pass on 11 of my own questions to 11 bloggers. So here my answers to her questions:
1. Life is all about making David Letterman happy. What’s your most entertaining Stupid Human Trick? In fact, I’m doing it right now: I can drink coffee while typing, while watching The Food Network. Oh, excuse me, David Letterman’s producers are calling–
2. What’s your most traumatic experience? Waiting for Hurricane Irene to hit last summer. I didn’t sleep for two nights, worked myself into an anxious local-news induced frenzy, and sprained both wrists while wringing my hands with worry. Not much happened at our house other than a lot of wind, boatloads of rain, some minor leakage, and losing electricity for about 8 hours. BUT what I imagined, was apocalyptic. (I know others weren’t as lucky in that storm and other storms…)
3. What one word best describes you? Gnome-centric.
4. Cake or Cake? (Note: Trick Question!) German Chocolate, Carrot, Cup.
5. If you were a celebrity and thus legally obligated to name your offspring something horrendous, what would your little bundle of publicity’s name be? Let’s just say that Rob and I have a whole list going, based on our favorite PBS program, Antiques Roadshow. I plan to dedicate a whole post to this eventually but a few examples: Tiffany, Insurance Value, Scrimshaw.
6. Who would win in a girly pop/dance/hair flip battle, Bieber or Beyoncé? Their love-child – Biebyoncé.
7. How much wood could a woodchuck chuck? Has anybody seen my calculator?
8. If given the opportunity to get away with it, who or what would you like to punch? The people who litter on our lawn. I think I am going to rig up some kind of sensor system and a net in the trees in order to catch these misfits. So if someone could toss some boxing gloves on our yard for the punching part, that would be great!
9. Desperate times call for weird measures. What strange career would you try to make that money, honey? Stand-up comedian, minus the stage fright, the substance addiction, and hecklers. Also, I don’t really love travel or staying in hotels so I think I will say, instead…blogging.
10. What’s one thing you can’t live without? My laptop, lovingly nicknamed, Compupu. I am tap dancing on it right now.
11. The most important question of all of ever and everything: Big Spoon or Little? Spork? Shovel.
And here are my 11 questions, all of them having to do with the home since, of course, this is HIMP (Home Improvement) Month:
1. Hire it out or do-it-yourself?
2. Favorite decorative pattern: i.e. polka dots, stripes, tweed, tie-dye, chevron?
3. Do you have a good rodent or insect story?
4. “Vase” or “vahhze”?
5. What is on your coffee table right now?
6. Have you ever injured/wounded yourself while undertaking a home improvement project? (Note that even washing dishes qualifies as home improvement, and we all know this can be extremely dangerous…)
7. Do you have a green thumb? i.e. can you keep plants alive? (Alternatively: are you the Incredible Hulk?) (Alternatively: did you get your thumb tatooed green?)
8. Do you eat dinner in the kitchen or on the couch?
9. Do you make your bed every day or do you choose to spend your time more productively?
10. If you had a show on HGTV, what would the premise be?
11. If you won the lottery, what’s the first change you’d make to your house or apartment?
And here are my 11 choices to be the lucky recipients of the Sunshine Bloggers Award:
Check out these great blogs and pass the sunshine along…Have a great weekend. Stay tuned: coming up next week I’ll be posting an interview with a professional stager/speed decorator, a guest blog, and more HIMP Month mayhem!