1. Because he’s currently more interested in wiggling than in personal hygiene, you are terrified you are going to hurt him. (Talk about “moving target!” And you’ve never really been known for your scissoring savvy, anyway.)
2. You’re waiting to see if this Babies-as-Tiny-Adults trend will sprout any shops specializing in Infant Manicures so that you can be off the hook.
3. Hey, if you want him to make it into the Guinness Book of World Records for nail length, you better get started early.
4. Right now he’s snoozing safely in his crib, but it’s a brutal world out there: claws could come in handy (pun intended) for self defense.
5. You could use some help with all those scratch-off lottery tickets you’ve been buying lately – word has it that college isn’t cheap these days.